About the conference
The CTO Annual Conference is a key meeting place for community transport workers, community development workers, board members, policy makers, managers, co-ordinators, government and non-government organisations, providing an interactive platform for discussion on the issues affecting the community transport sector as we move towards 2015 and the changes to funding arrangements. The conference will provide an opportunity to gather and share new ideas and strategies.
It offers a diverse and very affordable program that will feature a host of well-informed speakers to provide you with industry knowledge and skills via our politicians, speakers and workshops that will position you for tomorrow.
Scope of work
Memphis Events managed the annual CTO Conference that was held on the 2nd – 4th of November, 2015 at Sydney Olympic Park. We were given less than a 3-month period to turn a 3-day conference that had an expectation of 250 delegate attend a relevant and inspirational conference to a sector that was going through a lot of reforms. As soon as Memphis Events was awarded the conference, we didn’t waste any time in setting up a registration platform through Ivvy, setting up a newsletter so that delegates can ‘Save the date’, contacted and established existing sponsorship relationship by advising about the upcoming conference and venue booking. We also had a recommended speaker roster and an amazing MC, Tony Eades in less than 2 weeks. This was a tremendous effort from our team and we enjoyed every bit of the process.
We successfully executed the 3-day conference from the 2nd – 4th of November which entailed a training day, 2 plenary sessions, 4 workshops, Melbourne Cup Live feed, Social Event, Sponsor Breakfast and a Gala Dinner.
- Established a colour theme for the conference (Orange) that was carried through the marketing collateral, website, newsletter, social media and we even made the band dressed up in orange for the conference dinner.
- Managed 20 suppliers including AV, Venue, Catering, Logistics, Theming, Website and Speakers
- Managed all Event Communication, Event Coordination, Event Production, format and content, invites and registrations while working closely with management
- The feedback we received from the attendees and sponsors was very positive with the conference being praised by the board
- Mark Tonga – Keynote speaker was the perfect recommendation from Memphis Events that saw everyone from the sector being inspired by his speech
- Tony Eades – Tony is a great MC that offers great warmth, understanding and knowledge of the event at hand. He is succinct yet humorous in his approach and provides a lot of great insight into the marketing world.
- Social Function – 120 attendees enjoying a great networking session with a networking activity that kept everyone guessing
- Conference Dinner – Great entertainment, great décor and theming and Tony doing an amazing job by getting everyone to dance
- Set-up – Memphis Events recommended a new LED screen set-up to highlight speakers, conference program and details of the event which filled up the room created a great atmosphere especially when the Melbourne Cup was transmitted live.
For more details on how Memphis Events can assist in organising your next conference email us on [email protected]